Skip to main content

Passports and Visas

Passports and Visas
Passports and Visas


If you have not already done so, apply for your passport as soon as possible! Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the end date of your study abroad or exchange program (some countries require longer). If your passport will have less than six months remaining after your program’s end date or will expire when you’re abroad, apply now for a replacement passport.

You visit the USPS passport information page to find more information on applying for or renewing a passport. 


​Certain programs may require that you obtain a visa in addition to your passport before entering your host country. Requirements will vary based on the purpose and duration of your visit as well as your citizenship. Please check with your program advisor to verify country specific entry and exit requirements.


Back to Top

Study Away

1300 Elmwood Ave  •  South Wing 430 •  Buffalo, NY 14222
Phone: (716) 878-6834 •  Fax: (716) 878-3054