Students are eligible to use existing financial aid packages toward the cost of study away programs if the courses fulfill degree requirements and the student is taking the equivalent of a full course load at Buffalo State. Students receiving scholarships should check with their scholarship coordinator to ensure funds are eligible to be applied toward their study away program.
Applying for Financial Aid
- Students can complete the FAFSA and TAP applications for the following academic year starting October 1.
- If a student plans to study abroad during January or summer intersessions, a separate financial aid application is required and can either be picked up in person at the Financial Aid Office or downloaded from their website.
- Financial aid packages are subject to change based on changes to program costs.
- To be considered for Financial Aid, a student must submit their budget sheet and completed course equivalency forms to the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible.
Disbursement of Financial Aid
- Funds will be dispersed following the regular Buffalo State disbursement schedule.
- In many cases, financial aid may not be disbursed until after students have left the country. Students should plan to budget for any financial requirements that must be met before financial aid is disbursed.
- If students will be receiving a refund from financial aid, we recommend signing up for direct deposit through the Office of Student Accounts to receive funds as quickly as possible.
For questions regarding financial aid, students should contact the Financial Aid Office in Moot Hall 230, at email@example.com, or 716-878-4902.